Chief of Classification
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Lockhart, TX
Job ID: 48948
Facility: Coleman Correctional Facility
We have jobs with a purpose—and you will make a real difference every day. $17/hour starting pay.
Management & Training Corporation is hiring a Chief of Classification at Gregory S. Coleman Unit, located in Lockhart, Texas.
Position title: Chief of Classification
Facility name: Gregory S. Coleman Unit and Kyle Correctional Center
Location: 1400 MLK Jr. Industrial Blvd., Lockhart, Texas 78644
Work schedule: Full time/8-Hour Shift
- Bachelor's Degree from a college or university accredited by an organization recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) or by the United States Department of Education (USDE).
- Major course work in Behavioral Science, Criminal Justice, or related field preferred.
- Each year of experience as described below in excess of the required three (3) years may be substituted for thirty (30) semester hours from an accredited college or university on a year-for-year basis.
- Three (3) years full-time, wage-earning correctional custody, law enforcement, Offender case management, or correctional unit operations experience.
- One (1) year full-time, wage earning Offender classification experience required.
- Valid driver's license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
- Reports to the Assistant Warden.
- Supervises the count room clerks.
- Responsible for the management of classification, which includes case management and reception/discharge procedures in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) directives.