This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Morganfield, KY
Job ID: 48966
Facility: Job Corps
NEW MINIMUM STARTING WAGE OF $16.45 PER HOUR!
At Earle C. Clements Job Corps Academy in Morganfield, Kentucky we provide today's youth with the tools they need to be successful at no cost to them or their families.
Our team members enjoy:
- Competitive wages
- Affordable health, dental and prescription drug insurance
- Paid vacation, paid sick time
- 11 paid holidays
- And a chance to make a difference every day!
- Operate light trucks, buses and passenger vehicles; transport passengers and/or packages. Ensure adherence to established schedules.
- Maintain vehicles for routine service, clean vehicles, check fluid levels.
- Perform routine vehicle equipment inspection daily, including lights, brakes, mirrors, steering and other required operating equipment. Recommend mechanical repairs as needed.
- Assign center vehicles for student transportation and staff official business including dispensing of fuel and oil and arrange for vehicle repair or replacement.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards for a work environment.
- Promote and support the center wide development of the Career Development Services System (COSS) plan.
- It is expected the incumbent will work overtime when directed to do so.
- Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and other center customers.
- Participate in student employability programs and activities.
- Support, promote, and enforce the Job Corps' Zero Tolerance Policy. Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
- Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.
- Cultivate and maintain a climate on center which is free of harassment, intimidation and disrespect to provide a safe place for staff and students to work and learn.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- One-year experience as a licensed driver.
- General knowledge of vehicle maintenance/repair.
- Valid Commercial driver’s license with an acceptable driving record or ability to obtain CDL permit within 90 days and commercial license within 150 days of employment.
- Experience working with youth ages 16 and up and/or customer service experience preferred.