Career Transition Readiness Specialist
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Morganfield, KY
Job ID: 48970
Facility: Earle C Clements Job Corps
Up to $1000 SIGN ON BONUS!
Pay is $16 to $19 per hour
At the Earle C. Clements Job Corps Academy in Morganfield, Kentucky we provide at-risk students with the tools they need to be successful at no cost to them or their families. Our team members enjoy:
Our team members enjoy:
- Competitive wages
- Affordable health, dental and prescription drug insurance,
- Generous paid vacation and paid sick time
- 11 paid holidays
- A chance to make a difference every day!
- Develop a career transition plan for assigned students and monitor the progress of assigned students.
- Assist assigned students with individual career selection and assess student workplace readiness; provide labor market information on geographic areas of interest.
- Participate in job development committee assessments.
- Provide referral or post separation services as needed.
- Review and audit all assigned areas regularly for contractual compliance and effectiveness of delivery of services to students. Prepare related reports.
- Participate on student evaluation panels; prepare required documentation and evaluations using CIS, as well as other systems of documentation. Enter case notes into the CIS system as required and in accordance with established timelines.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards for a work environment.
- Maintain program linkages with DOL, national, state and local agencies to provide career development services.
- Monitor and document job placement follow-up on terminated students.
- Identify potential jobs, schools, military or other training program career development for separating graduates.
- Compile required data from respective areas in order to prepare student's resume and placement documents for submission to regional office, career transition services agencies and/or other training programs.
- Coordinate and maintain communication with other departments pertaining to student career transition.
- Maintain in-department knowledge and understanding of CIS reports that impact placement.
- Conduct job development and establish linkages throughout the regions with state contractors as well as employers to assist with job placement activities.
- Assist in the development of the center's career development plan.
- Analyze student records to determine accomplishments, attendance, job ethics, personal appearance, graduation requirements and employability advantages.
- Have a basic understanding of the MYPACE program and its role in a student's transition plan.
- Review individual student's MYPACE plan as needed to provide support/guidance as appropriate.
- Assist with MYPACE activities/lessons as needed and appropriate.
- Provide support as needed with an individual student's MYPACE plan follow through and activities.
- Provide support as needed with goals/activities as identified on one of the four MYPACE pathway achievement record (PAR).
- Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff, and other center customers.
- Participate in student employability programs and activities.
- Support, promote, and enforce the Job Corps' Zero Tolerance Policy.
- Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
- Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.
- Cultivate and maintain a climate on center which is free of harassment, intimidation and disrespect to provide a safe place for staff and students to work and learn.
- Bachelor's degree or 4 years' experience working with youth & 1-year experience in sales, marketing or counseling related services.
- Directly related experience may be considered in lieu of formal education requirements.
- Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communications skills and computer proficiency required.
- Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record is required.