This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Morganfield, KY
Job ID: 48974
Facility: Job Corps
Up to $4000 SIGN-ON BONUS!!
Salary is $38,000 to $48,000 per year.
Our team members enjoy:
- Affordable health, dental, and prescription drug insurance
- Generous paid vacation and paid sick time
- 11 paid holidays
- 401(k) with company match
- A chance to make a difference every day!
- Provide students with basic direction, instruction and assistance in designated area(s) of
- Motivate and counsel students in areas of behavior, training, personal problems or study habits; coordinate with other staff as necessary to resolve issues affecting student training.
- Develop and prepare lessons; recommend curricula changes and supplemental materials.
- Utilize workplace language and behavior expectations in the classroom; on a routine basis, relate academic skills to career technical training and workplace requirements; inquire if individual students need assistance.
- Review and audit all assigned areas regularly for contractual compliance and effectiveness of delivery of services to students. Prepare related reports.
- Participate on student evaluation panels; prepare required documentation and evaluations using CIS, as well as other systems of documentation. Enter case notes into the CIS system as required and in accordance with established timelines.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards for a work environment.
- Administer and correct tests; maintain progress and attendance reports.
- Control use of equipment and supplies; recommend purchases.
- Develop and conduct enrichment programs as assigned.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
- Maintain records, cleanliness and classroom discipline.
- Participate in student activities associated with the intellectual and social development of students.
- Assist in developing community linkages and volunteers for the for the department.
- Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and other center customers.
- Participate in student employability programs and activities.
- Support, promote, and enforce the Job Corps' Zero Tolerance Policy.
- Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
- Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.
- Cultivate and maintain a climate on center which is free of harassment, intimidation and disrespect to provide a safe place for staff and students to work and learn.
- This opening is specifically for 2nd shift and includes weekends.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Valid teaching certificate is preferred.
- One-year instructional experience preferred.
- Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and computer proficiency required.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record is required.