Mental Health Consultant
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Morganfield, KY
Job ID: 48977
Facility: Job Corps
$28 to $35 per hour & up to $5000 SIGN-ON BONUS!
Holidays and Weekends Off!!
At Earle C. Clements Job Corps Academy in Morganfield, Kentucky we provide today’s youth with the tools they need to be successful at no cost to them or their families.
Our team members enjoy:
- Competitive wages
- Affordable health, dental and prescription drug insurance
- Paid vacation, paid sick time
- 11 paid holidays
- 401(k) with company match
- And a chance to make a difference every day!
- Evaluate students referred by staff and document legible assessment notes.
- Develop and implement a mental health program with emphasis on prevention, early detection, identification of mental health problems, short term counseling of manageable conditions and crisis intervention using Employee Assistance Model.
- Participate in HIV case management.
- Provide integrated case management by interacting with the TEAP specialist, counselors, residential living staff, wellness administrator and the physician regarding the student behavior, compliance, medication, side effects, and treatment progress.
- Draft procedures for emergency psychiatric conditions (suicide attempt, psychotic episodes, etc.) to include 24-hour on-call coverage.
- Review pre-admission folders, evaluate requests for reasonable accommodations and help form an accommodation plan.
- Recommend medical separation to the center director when a student develops a psychiatric disorder that clearly impairs their ability to complete or take part in the training program.
- Conduct quality assurance studies to obtain feedback and develop areas of the program that need strengthening.
- Establish a written referral and feedback system for mental health evaluation and treatment.
- Assist the health and wellness director in completing mental health significant incident reports.
- Participate in an contribute to special programs such as Sexual Assault Prevention Groups and Sexual Assault Response Teams.
- Provide regular supervision and programmatic guidance to the TEAP specialists.
- Coordinate care with community linkages such as the Department of Vocational Rehabilitation, psychiatric consultants, and psychiatric facilities.
- Conduct staff development and training.
- Provide training to the counselors and conduct regular meetings with the counseling department.
- Clinical psychologist, LCSW, LPCC, LMFT or ad equivalent licensed, autonomous practicing, master’s level mental health therapist in the state of Kentucky considered.
- At least 1 year post independent licensure experience with adolescents/young adults, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and computer proficiency required.
- Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record, unless waived by management.