This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Morganfield, KY
Job ID: 48983
Facility: Job Corps
NEW MINIMUM STARTING WAGE OF $16.45 PER HOUR!
At Earle C. Clements Job Corps Academy in Morganfield, Kentucky we provide today’s youth with the tools they need to be successful at no cost to them or their families.
Our team members enjoy:
- Competitive wages
- And a chance to make a difference every day!
- Provide guidance for students to achieve a positive attitude and proper behavior in dormitory living situation and to accomplish their goals and objectives.
- Direct dorm activities as designated including dorm government and peer courts.
- Patrol and monitor dormitories and center as required ensuring safety and proper behavior of students; and resolving potential or occurring problems.
- Assist with recreational activities for students on- and off-center.
- Transport students to and from recreational functions, airport or bus stations as required.
- Enter required attendance information into CIS and ensure all pass information is correct.
- Direct students or assist in the cleanup and maintenance of the dormitory.
- Recommend or requisition supplies to provide needs for dorm living and safety of students.
- Conduct group sessions in accordance with the schedule; participate in and conduct career preparation, career development and career transition activities as assigned.
- Complete evaluations for all assigned students and participate in panels as required.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards for a work environment.
- Provide proactive conflict resolution and refer students for counseling or other activities as necessary.
- Document shift activities in required form.
- Manage the operation of assigned shift in a manner that promotes a positive living and learning environment for all students.
- Assist senior residential advisor and manager in coordinating and institute programs that foster student retention.
- Conduct required health and safety inspections, submit necessary work orders and monitor for satisfactory completion.
- Document activities and events in CIS case notes as required.
- Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and other center customers.
- Participate in student employability programs and activities.
- Support, promote, and enforce the Job Corps' Zero Tolerance Policy.
- Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
- Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.
- Cultivate and maintain a climate on center which is free of harassment, intimidation and disrespect to provide a safe place for staff and students to work and learn.
- Have a basic understanding of the MYPACE program and its role in a student's transition plan.
- Review individual student's MYPACE plan as needed to provide support/guidance as appropriate.
- Assist with MYPACE activities/lessons as needed and appropriate.
- Provide support as needed with an individual student's MYPACE plan follow through and activities.
- Provide support as needed with goals/activities as identified on one of the four MYPACE Pathway Achievement Record (PAR).
- This is an on-call or substitute position. Selected candidate may work up to 20 hours per week.
- High school diploma or equivalent required one year experience in counseling, social work, rehabilitation or vocational guidance preferred.
- Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communications skills and computer proficiency required.
- Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record, unless waived by management.