Location: Henderson, TX
Job ID: 49018
At Bradshaw State Jail located in Henderson, Texas, we provide a safe and secure working environment for our staff while helping offenders gain valuable skills necessary for success upon release. Our team members enjoy competitive wages, affordable health, dental, and prescription drug insurance, education and tuition assistance, paid time off, nine paid holidays, flexible schedules, 401(k) with company match, and a chance to make a difference every day! Hiring immediately!
1. Supervise, protect, instruct, train, counsel and evaluate assigned employees.
2. Provide for the care, custody and adherence to rules and regulations of offenders assigned to specific work area.
3. Supervise and provide custody and security of offenders including observation of offenders and offenders assigned to work duty which includes long periods of sitting and standing.
4. Supervise and direct searches for contraband including “pat” and “strip” searches, by squatting and bending to perform such functions.
5. Transfer and transport offenders by walking or riding in vehicles. Restrain and secure assaultive offenders as needed.
6. Read, review and properly apply information found in offender records which is related to the offenders’ health and safety and to the security of the facility. Provide appropriate information to other personnel.
7. Supervise the preparation and maintenance of records, forms and reports.
8. Perform specific duties if assigned to the following areas: housing unit, special housing area, education, community service and intake.
9. Respond to emergencies to search for offenders, administer first aid at the emergency site, carry an injured or unconscious offender and perform use of force procedures, including the use of chemical agents to control offenders.
10. Comply with policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
11. It is expected the incumbent will work overtime when directed to do so.
12. Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed; provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
13. Maintain accountability of staff, offenders and property; adhere to safety practices.