This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Joliet, IL
Job ID: 49020
Facility: Joliet Job Corps Center
Come join the Joliet Job Corps Center!
Do you enjoy working with youth? Are you looking to mentor students? This is the place for you! This position reports to the project manager. Responsible for conducting direct recruitment activities, and interfacing with other outreach contractors in compliance with government and management directives.
- Conduct direct recruitment activities, including public speaking; develop linkages with referral sources such as human services agencies, recreation centers, youth organizations and churches; participate in center tours; contact potential enrollees to explore enrollment.
- Meet or exceed the monthly arrival goal.
- Interview interested candidates and obtain required information on each one; ensure all documents required to support eligibility are obtained, properly completed and included in the applicant's folder.
- Arrange for reception of candidates upon acceptance to the program.
- Follow‑up on student progress, e.g., length of stay and separation.
- Prepare, schedule and provide outreach presentations in the assigned area; provide outreach presentations in support of the regional outreach efforts.
- Maintain accountability logs of organizations contacted, individuals contacted, referrals to screening agencies and subsequent enrollments.
- Coordinate and maintain communications with centers pertaining to center input needs.
- Refer youth to designated screening or other support agencies, as appropriate.
- Prepare necessary and required reports related to the recruitment effort.
- Assist with placement activities.
- Promote the development of career success standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students when necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
- Support, promote, and enforce the Job Corps’ Zero Tolerance Policy.
- Maintain accountability of property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's degree in human services, psychology, counseling, education, social science, business, communications, or closely related field; or Associate’s degree and two years related experience required. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer proficiency also required. Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record required.