This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Meridian, MS
Job ID: 49021
Reports to the Administrative Captain. Responsible for the daily operations of the case management and correctional counseling in compliance with American Correctional Association (ACA) standards, Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Mississippi Department of Corrections (MDOC) directives.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
- Orient, direct, schedule, train, supervise and evaluate all staff assigned in the designated management unit.
- Develop and implement ongoing revisions to the unit plan.
- Develop and implement programming to be conducted within the designated management unit.
- Evaluate and render decisions regrading classification, job assignments and minor disciplinary actions of inmates assigned in the designated management unit.
- Monitor the review of detailed background files and personal interviews. Recommend individual treatment programs for each assigned inmate.
- Provide continuous educational, vocational, personal and social adjustment counseling on an individual and group basis. Recommend necessary program modifications throughout each inmate's assigned stay.
- Utilize new concepts and approaches; recommend and conduct training sessions and conferences to develop greater proficiency among staff in the areas of guidance and social adjustment.
- Recommend medical and psychiatric evaluation for emotional or psychological problems. Evaluate results and take remedial action as warranted.
- Provide staff with the necessary community resources registry that will help in transition of the inmate.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed.
- Assist in the evaluation of facility services for the inmates and recommend modifications for improvement.
- Maintain accountability of staff, inmates and property; adhere to safety practices.
Education and Experience Requirements:High school diploma or equivalent with two (2) years of counseling or related correctional experience required. Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.Post Hire RequirementsMust successfully complete annual in-service training requirements.
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran