This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Morganfield, KY
Job ID: 49024
Facility: Job Corps
Up to $1000 SIGN-ON BONUS!!
$16.20 per hour minimum starting wage!
At the Earle C. Clements Job Corps Academy in Morganfield, Kentucky we provide at-risk students with the tools they need to be successful at no cost to them or their families. Our team members enjoy:
Our team members enjoy:
- Competitive wages
- Affordable health, dental and prescription drug insurance
- Paid vacation, paid sick time, 12 paid holidays
- A chance to make a difference every day!
Earle C. Clements Job Corps is looking for a records clerk. Our records department keeps everything for the students in files and maintains procedures as mandated by government and management directives. The records clerk maintains forms & reports for each student, is responsible for the clerical tasks and ensures that student documents meet data integrity requirements.
- Prepare accountability forms, student records, student travel and clothing allowance forms, maximum benefit records, status reports, enrollment and separation forms in a timely manner.
- Operate computers with data processing software installed including OASIS, CIS, MS Office Suite, Outlook and internet search.
- Audit student record documents to ensure they meet data integrity requirements. Maintain data integrity logs. Report error to manager to make corrections as needed.
- Perform data control operations and make adjustments necessary to ensure CIS schedules are met and accurate.
- Prepare CIS reports for distribution to appropriate departments as scheduled.
- Maintain files on department records, cards, forms and correspondence sent, received and/or requiring further action.
- Proofread records or forms; copy and data entry of needed information from one record to another, as required; file records in student official record folders according to department standards.
- Coordinate student transportation arrangements; ensure accountability and return, as appropriate of all transportation documents; conduct activities to retrieve transportation documents, audit logs and reports.
- Maintain, update and file all active and separated student records in accordance with directives.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards for a work environment.
- Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and other center customers.
- Participate in student employability programs and activities.
- Support, promote, and enforce the Job Corps' Zero Tolerance Policy.
- Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
- Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.
- Cultivate and maintain a climate on center which is free of harassment, intimidation and disrespect to provide a safe place for staff and students to work and learn.
- High school diploma or equivalent and one year experience.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communications skills and computer proficiency required.
- Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record.