This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Morganfield, KY
Job ID: 49025
Facility: Job Corps
Up to $1500 sign-on bonus!!
$16.20 minimum starting wage!
At the Earle C. Clements Job Corps Academy in Morganfield, Kentucky we provide at-risk students with the tools they need to be successful at no cost to them or their families.
Our team members enjoy:
- Competitive wages
- Affordable health, dental and prescription drug insurance
- Paid vacation, paid sick time, 12 paid holidays
- A chance to make a difference every day!
Earle C. Clements is looking for cook helpers to be part of our important Food Services team. Our cook helpers assist in ensuring that our students receive delicious, healthy meals three times a day in a safe and clean environment. Responsibilities include food preparation, cleaning and serving.
- Prepare and cook quantity of food required according to menu and number of students.
- Maintain kitchen equipment in orderly workable condition; ensure work area is safe, clean and sanitary at all times.
- Prepare foods as directed for special center functions, visitors and off-center assignments.
- Assist in cleaning kitchen work areas following each meal.
- Supervise students assigned to assist in the cafeteria.
- Support CDSS by implementing and participating in activities and programs as described in the center's COSS plan or as assigned.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards for a work environment.
- Responsible for stockroom commodities and for recommending replenishment items.
- Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and other center customers.
- Participate in student employability programs and activities.
- Support, promote, and enforce the Job Corps' Zero Tolerance Policy.
- Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
- Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.
- Cultivate and maintain a climate on center which is free of harassment, intimidation and disrespect to provide a safe place for staff and students to work and learn.
- Food service training and one year relevant experience preferred.
- Must obtain ServSafe certification within 90 days of employment.