Substance Abuse Counselor FULL TIME
Location: Morganfield, KY
Job ID: 49049
Facility: Job Corps
Up to $5000 Sign-on Bonus!!
Holidays and weekends off!
At Earle C. Clements Job Corps Academy in Morganfield, Kentucky we provide today’s youth with the tools they need to be successful at no cost to them or their families.
Our team members enjoy:
- Competitive wages
- Affordable health, dental and prescription drug insurance
- Paid vacation, paid sick time
- 11 paid holidays
- 401(k) with company match
- And a chance to make a difference every day!
- Assist in developing procedures to coordinate and integrate TEAP components with other center programs, policies, and zero tolerance.
- Participate in career preparation period; communicate zero tolerance policies related to substance abuse; provide information on prevention activities on and off center.
- Work with new students for testing, assessment and development of assistance and retention plans during the 45 day probation period; provide an assessment and assistance/intervention plan for any student who tests positive for drugs or receives an alcohol incident.
- Conduct TEAP classes, group educational, peer support and other prevention sessions for students.
- Review and audit all assigned areas regularly for contractual compliance and effectiveness of delivery of services to student. Prepare related reports.
- Assess students with identified substance use problems; develop and implement a plan to modify or control the problems by working with students, counselors, instructors, and the mental health consultant.
- Provide input to the counseling, health, and wellness and human resources departments for necessary referral of students with TEAP problems; utilize community resources as available.
- Work with mental health consultants, health and wellness staff and counselors to intervene with substance users who meet the treatment criteria to remain in Job Corps.
- Review and interpret drug test results.
- Ensure documentation of all student assessments and that plans are in student’s medical records regarding TEAP problems.
- Provide ongoing comprehensive training for all staff members with specific goals toward staff education and awareness, staff skills in identification and reporting substance use problems, individual staff member counseling skills and general team building throughout the center.
- Assist in providing TEAP related materials and information in the health education program and development of health and wellness symptom guidelines and standard operating procedures regarding substance abuse.
- Coordinate tobacco use and prevention program.
- Develop linkages with community resources for TEAP services.
- Bachelor's degree in education, behavioral science or related field required
- This particular posting is for a full-time 40 hour per week position.
- Must be certified for drug and alcohol counseling.
- Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record required.
- Pay range for position is $25-$30 per hour