Description $19.99 Tue-Sat 1-10pm
Reports to the supervisor, recreation. Responsible for supervision of student government, student union snack bar, welfare fund and voting services, in compliance with government and management directives.Essential Functions
1. Supervise Student Government Association (SGA), which includes maintaining communication with administration; scheduling and supervising meetings and guiding development of skills in student government and all student leadership functions
2. Supervise student union snack bar operators and overall operation of student union snack bar.
3. Ensure student union snack bar meets all state and local health regulations and safety requirements.
4. Coordinate all SGA functions, including administration of the student welfare fund, prepare and distribute meeting minutes.
5. Chaperone student government functions.
6. Coordinate voting activities.
7. Ensure all pertinent student records and data are kept in detail, are accurate and up-to-date.
8. Conduct group sessions in accordance with the schedule. As assigned, participate in and conduct orientation activities and student leadership training.
9. Conduct training for all newly elected officers.
10. Conduct advanced leadership training to support a broad range of leadership roles, functions and opportunities on and off center
11. Play a leadership role in actively developing a safe, positive, center wide student culture.
12. Develop and deliver training, activities and events that promote unity, center pride and ownership for both students and staff.
13. Maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards for a work environment.
14. Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and other center customers.
15. Participate in student employability programs and activities.
16. Support, promote, and enforce the Job Corps’ Zero Tolerance Policy.
17. Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
18. Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.
19. Cultivate and maintain a climate on center which is free of harassment, intimidation and disrespect to provide a safe place for staff and students to work and learn. it is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.Education and Experience Requirements
Associates degree and one year related experience. Directly related experience may be considered in lieu of education. Excellent written, verbal communications skills and computer proficiency required. Valid driver’s
license with an acceptable driving record.