Career Transition Services Specialist (CTS)
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Edinburgh, IN
Job ID: 49069
Facility: Job Corps
- $21.87 + $2,000 Sign on Bonus
- Flexible schedules
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 2 weeks paid vacation, paid sick time, 11 paid holidays,
- Short Term & Long Term Disability,
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) Retirement Account
Reports to the career transition (CTS) manager. Responsible for determining graduate and former enrollee qualification for placement, conducting placement activities and follow-up in compliance with government and management directives.
- Bachelor's degree in human services, psychology, counseling, education, social science, business, communications, or closely related field; or associate’s degree and two years related experience required.
- Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and computer proficiency also required.
- Case management experience along with the ability to work with students preferred.
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record required.
What is Job Corps?Job Corps is a federally-funded comprehensive program that provides essential academic and career skills training to eligible students designed to prepare them for success in every aspect of their lives. Atterbury Job Corps is located in Edinburgh, IN and is managed by Management & Training Corporation (MTC), a privately held company that successfully operates Job Corps, Corrections, Medical and Economic/Social Development contracts.Visit our websites to learn more about the program and MTC:Program: https://atterbury.jobcorps.gov/Company: https://www.mtctrains.com/
- Maintain linkages with DOL, national, state and local agencies and employees to provide placement services.
- Identify potential jobs, schools, military or other training program placements for separating graduates and former enrollees and conduct job development activities; maintain placement follow‑up on separated graduates.
- Directly place graduates and former enrollees to meet or exceed DOL contractual monthly placement goals; verify and document all placements according to requirements.
- Complete all required documentation in CTS and in individual folders for assigned graduates until their service period ends.
- Prepare placement reports and assist in the development of the contract’s placement plan.
- Coordinate with center staff to provide placement information to students.
- Participate in industry advisory councils, community relations councils as assigned.
- As requested, conduct career support activities in support of centers and regional office efforts.
- Participate in the development of new and revised policies and procedures affecting placement activities.
- Promote the development of career success standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students when necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.