Nursing Director Education
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Job ID: 49093
Facility: Job Corps
- Instructs students in subject matter, utilizing various teaching methods, such as lecture and demonstration; uses audiovisual aids and other materials to supplement presentations.
- Ensures instructors are following curriculum approved by the Board of Vocational Nurse and Psychiatric Technicians of the State of California.
- Approves lesson and unit plans submitted by health instructors.
- Administers tests to evaluate progress and records results. Evaluates and records individual student progress and make regular reports. Participates in student evaluation panels.
- Teaches Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Provider Course.
- Counsels students when adjustment, academic and clinical problems arise. Develops remedial plans and tutors students.
- Directs students in the development of values, attitudes, ideals, and appropriate conduct of a health care professional.
- Participates in and makes recommendations for the work-based learning and other center programs and activities.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with contracted hospital facilities. Adheres to clinical site duties, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains current inventory of supplies, books and equipment. Orders supplies. Assists in maintaining equipment. Reports broken equipment.
- Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and other center customers.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Valid and active RN license in state of employment and bachelor’s degree in nursing. Minimum of three years experience as a registered nurse, one year shall be in teaching or clinical supervision, or a combination thereof, in a state a state approved registered nursing or vocational or practical nursing or psychiatric technician school within the last five years. Have completed a course or courses offered by an approved school with instruction in administration, teaching, and curriculum development. One year in a long term/skilled nursing facility providing direct patient. Must be able to be approved by the California’s Dept. of Public Health as a Nurse Assistant Training Program (NATP) instructor. Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record and DSD Certificate a plus.
As a Director of Nursing, you can expect an income of $100,000 to $130,000 per year based on experience.