Instructor Academics Part Time
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Job ID: 49094
Facility: Job Corps
Description Ready to be a part of something big? At the Los Angeles Job Corps Center in Los Angeles, California we provide at-risk students with the tools they need to be successful at no-cost to them or their families.
Reports to the Academics Manager. Responsible for providing academic instruction to students in accordance with approved curricula. Provide students with basic direction, in compliance with government and management directives.
1. Provide students with basic direction, instruction and assistance in designated area(s) of instruction, including math and reading.
2. Motivate and counsel students in areas of behavior, training, personal problems or study habits; coordinate with other staff as necessary to resolve issues affecting student training.
3. Utilize workplace language and behavior expectations in the classroom; on a routine basis, relate academic skills to career technical training and workplace requirements; inquire if individual students need assistance.
4. Participate on student evaluation panels; prepare required documentation and evaluations using CIS, as well as other systems of documentation.
5. Administer and correct tests; maintain progress and attendance reports.
6. Control use of equipment and supplies; recommend purchases.
7. Develop and conduct enrichment programs as assigned.
8. Maintain records, cleanliness and classroom discipline.
9. Participate in student activities associated with the intellectual and social development of students.
10. Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Valid California teaching credential, Bachelor's degree and one year instructional experience. Experience with youth and young adults, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and computer proficiency also required. Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record, unless waived by management.
For more information about the Job Corps program at a national level, please visit our Official Public Website http://www.jobcorps.gov.