This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Job ID: 49096
Facility: Job Corps
- Keep serving counters stocked with salads, desserts and other foods.
- Replenish napkin dispensers, plate racks, silverware racks, salt and pepper shakers and condiments.
- Make coffee, tea and other beverages.
- Set up cafeteria lines and serve meals on the line.
- Assist in the storage and inventory of supplies; transfer food ingredients from storage area to cooking area.
- Clean food service area, tables and kitchen equipment and appliances.
- Assist in washing dishes/utensils; store in orderly fashion.
- Provide direct supervision and serve as work place mentor to students assigned to center support and/or on-center work based learning.
- Promote career preparation, career development and career transition with students on a daily basis and help them with setting career goals.
- Participate in student employability programs and activities.
- Support, promote, and enforce the Job Corps’ Zero Tolerance Policy.
- Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
- Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent. Valid food handler's permit required in state of California or ability to obtain one within 30 days of employment. Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record, unless waived by management.