This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Job ID: 49097
Facility: Job Corps
Ready to be a part of something big? At the Los Angeles Job Corps Center in Los Angeles, California we provide at-risk students with the tools they need to be successful at no-cost to them or their families.
Our team members enjoy competitive wages, affordable health, dental, and prescription drug insurance, paid vacation, paid sick leave, paid holidays, flexible schedules, and a chance to make a difference every day! Full and part time opportunities available for many positions.
Brief Job Description:
- Ensure the security of buildings and property.
- Maintain log of findings and action taken.
- Perform administrative functions such as creating incident reports and conducting investigations.
- Follow protocol in terms of student check in and out, to and from the center grounds.
- Check identification of students and staff.
- Permit and deny entrance or exit
- Assist the center staff in conducting safety inspection.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent and one year security experience. United States Armed Forces, organized police department or firefighting organization preferred.
- Valid California Guard Card is required and CPR/First Aid certificate is preferred.
- A valid/current driver’s license with an acceptable driving record are required.
About Los Angeles Job Corps:
Job Corps is a no-cost education and career technical training program administered by the U.S. Department of Labor that helps young people ages 16 to 24 improve the quality of their lives through career technical and academic training. The Job Corps program is authorized by Title I-C of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act of 2014 (supersedes WIA 1998).
For more information about the Job Corps program at a national level,
please visit our Official Public Web Site http://www.jobcorps.gov.
At Los Angeles Job Corps Center, we support the Job Corps program’s mission to teach eligible young people the skills they need to become employable and independent and place them in meaningful jobs or further education.