Certified Substance Abuse Counselor
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Charleston, WV
Job ID: 49120
Facility: Charleston Job Corps Center
What you will be doing
This is a non-exempt position that will report to the health and wellness director (HWD) co-disability coordinator. Responsible for maintaining an effective trainee employee assistance program (TEAP) tobacco use prevention program (TUPP) with emphasis on awareness, prevention, education, intervention, staff training, and networking with community resources, in compliance with government and management directives.
- Certification as a substance abuse counselor in state and one year experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and computer proficiency required.
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
What is Job Corps?Job Corps is a federally funded comprehensive program that provides essential academic and career skills training to eligible students designed to prepare them for success in every aspect of their lives. Charleston Job Corps is located in Charleston, WV and is managed by Management & Training Corporation (MTC), a privately held company that successfully operates Job Corps, Corrections, Medical and Economic/Social Development contracts.Visit our websites to learn more about the program and MTC:Program: https://charleston.jobcorps.gov/Company: https://www.mtctrains.com/
- Develop a system to promote the coordination and integration of the substance abuse components with medical, psychiatric, health education and other center activities.
- Advise the center director and health and wellness director of appropriate substance use/abuse related matters including the cost of services, staffing and training requirements, initial assessment and counseling referrals to off center resources for ongoing care and counseling.
- Provide counseling and/or personal development sessions regarding substance use/abuse.
- Assess students with identified substance use problems; develop and implement a plan to modify or control the problem(s) by working with students and counselors; provide TEAP/TUBB orientation and TEAP/TUBB education to students and instructors.
- Provide input to the counseling services department for necessary counseling and referral of students with substance use/abuse problems.
- Ensure the documentation of all student assessments and plans are in student's medical records regarding substance use/abuse problems.
- Provide ongoing comprehensive training for all staff in the substance use/abuse area with specific goals toward education and awareness, skills in identification and reporting substance use problems, individual staff member counseling skills and general team building throughout the center.
- Assist in providing substance use related materials and information in the health education program and development of health and wellness standing orders and center operating procedures regarding substance abuse.
- Work closely with center recreation staff members to develop recreation alternatives within the community.
- Refer any necessary in‑patient care to the health and wellness director; utilize community resources as needed.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.