Internal Audit, Director
Location: Centerville, UT
Job ID: 49134
Begin your future now and join the nearly 10,000 associates working every day to make a difference in the lives of at-risk populations. Headquartered in Centerville, Utah, Management and Training Corporation (MTC) provides thousands of individuals with life-changing opportunities through our management of Job Corps centers and correctional facilities. Apply today and find out why MTC is a true Leader in Social Impact!
In addition to a competitive salary, team members will enjoy:
- Medical, vision, dental, and prescription drug benefits
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 3 weeks paid vacation and 2 weeks paid sick time
- 11 paid Holidays
- Education/Tuition assistance
- Company-paid Life and AD&D insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability benefits
- Other perks such as free drinks and snacks, on-site yoga, off-site CrossFit, clubs, and numerous company events.
Reports to the President. Responsible for the management of the MTC internal audit program, including risk assessment and specialized outsourced audits. Undertake internal audits to ensure the company meets its financial, operational, and compliance objectives. Responsible for monitoring the ethics hotline, development of ethics training materials, and ethics reporting.
- Objectively review an organization’s business processes and evaluate the efficacy of the risk management procedures that are currently in place.
- Assess risks to determine the prioritization of internal audit resources.
- Monitor internal controls through audits of financial policy compliance, contract and regulatory compliance, and separation of duties at MTC-operated facilities.
- Plan and arrange staff travel for internal audit
- Perform internal audits of MTC facilities.
- Monitor and report on the status of scheduled internal audits to internal stakeholders.
- Prepare findings reports for each facility audited and make recommendations for process improvements.
- Develop and maintain internal audit programs and guides.
- Monitor various risk indicators on a continuous basis.
- Maintain awareness of policy and regulatory changes regarding all aspects of financial controls.
- Review and monitor remediation of findings from audits by outside
- Prepare an annual report to the board of directors’ audit committee summarizing internal audit findings, risk assessment, and ethics program issues.
- Monitor the MTC ethics hotline and e-mail.
- Report and follow up on issues raised through the ethics hotline and e-mail.
- Develop ethics training materials and provide ethics training as requested by management.
- Assist in obtaining and monitoring outsourced audits.
- Develop and maintain the departmental budget.
- Maintain accountability of property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or business administration, or a related field. Five years experience in accounting, three of which must be supervisory plus at least two years of internal and/or external auditing experience. Experience with Oracle Cloud Suite accounting systems and government contract accounting is preferred. CPA license preferred. CGAP and/or CIA certifications are a plus. IS auditing experience is a plus. Must be willing and able to travel. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Unless waived by management, a valid driver's license in the state of employment with an acceptable driving record.