Substance Abuse Counselor
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Reno, NV
Job ID: 49198
Facility: Job Corps
Description Ready to be a part of something big? At the Sierra Nevada Job Corps Center in Reno, Nevada we provide at-risk students with the tools they need to be successful at no-cost to them or their families. Our team members enjoy competitive wages, affordable health, dental, and prescription drug insurance, 2 weeks paid vacation, 2 weeks paid sick time, 11 paid holidays, flexible schedules, 401(k) with company match, and a chance to make a difference every day! Full (no seasonal lay-offs!) and part time opportunities available for many positions and convenient to bus line 7.
The Substance Abuse Counselor reports to the Health and Wellness Manager . Responsible for maintaining an effective trainee employee assistance program (TEAP) with emphasis on awareness, prevention, staff training, and networking with community resources, in compliance with government and management directives.Job duties include:
- Assess students with identified substance problems; develop and implement a plan to modify or control the problems by working with students, counselors and instructors; provide TEAP orientation and TEAP education to students and instructors.
- Assist in developing procedures to coordinate and integrate TEAP components with other center programs, policies and zero tolerance.
- Conduct TEAP classes, group educational, peer support and other prevention sessions for students..
- Review and audit all assigned areas regularly for contractual compliance and effectiveness of delivery of services to students. Prepare related reports.
- Advise the center director and health and wellness manager of appropriate substance use/abuse related matters including cost of services, staffing and training requirements, initial assessment and counseling referrals to off center resources for ongoing care and counseling.
- Ensure the documentation of all student assessments and plans are in the student's medical records regarding substance use/abuse problems.
- Provide ongoing comprehensive training for all staff in the substance use/abuse area with specific goals toward education and awareness, skills in identification and reporting substance abuse problems, individual staff member counseling skills and general team building throughout the center.
- Work closely with center recreation staff members to develop recreation alternatives within the community.
- $30.66 hr.
- Certification as substance abuse counselor in state of Nevada and one year experience.
- Experience working with youth, excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer proficiency.
- Valid drivers license with an acceptable driving record