Reports to business manager. Performs purchasing, stock and inventory work. Work involves staying within budget; maintaining property inventory and physical inventories; processing purchase requisitions and specifications; disposing of surplus property; and training and supervising offenders assigned to department in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) directives.
1. Responsible for the preparation and processing of purchase requisitions to include developing product specifications and identifying appropriate procurement methods.
2. Oversees the warehousing and distribution system of products; documents the receipt and distribution of property and the disposition of surplus property.
3. Conducts physical inventory of property and supplies; audits inventory results, monitors property and supply expenditures.
4. Ensures an efficient system of property management, control, and shipment of goods, and recommends improvements.
5. Plans and provides storage items that have a seasonal use; locates surplus items; conducts investigations on lost property items; inspects and ensures proper maintenance of machinery and equipment.
6. Reviews and reconciles requisition, accounting budget, and inventory reports; assigns inventory numbers to items.
7. Prepare and maintain accounting records, purchase requisitions, correspondence, reports, vouchers and related forms.
8. Ability to perform the physical function of the position which includes but is not limited to, ability to walk the facility, push and pull carts, climb stairs, climb ladders, lift, squat, sit, or kneel for long periods of time.
9. Trains and supervises the work of offenders; provides technical assistance on handling stock, recordkeeping, warehouse operations, and applicable policies and procedures.
10. Ensures security procedures and safety standards are maintained.
11. Assists in maintaining security of assigned offenders.
12. Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed. Provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
13. Maintain accountability of staff, offenders and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education & Experience Requirements:
Graduation from an accredited senior high school or equivalent or GED. Three (3) years full-time, wage earning supply, warehouse operations, inventory and stock control, or purchasing experience. Thirty (30( semester hours from a college or university accredited by an organization recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) or United States Department of Education (USDE)may be substituted for the required experience on a year by year basis. Valid driver's license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Post Hire Requirements:
Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements and pass an annual background check, both which must be approved by TDCJ.