Location: Riverton, WY
Job ID: 49279
Facility: Job Corps
Wind River Job Corps Center
Careers begin here!
Wind River Job Corps Center provides at-risk students with the tools, skills, and opportunity to build a successful career at no-cost to them or their families. Join us in making a lasting impact on our students and in our communities!
We currently have a position available for an
for the Wind River Job Corps Center located in Riverton, Wyoming.
We are looking for an individual who is
Experienced, Motivated and Self-Driven.
Benefits: We have one of the most comprehensive benefits packages in Wyoming!
- 2 weeks paid vacation
- 7 days paid sick
- 11 paid holidays
- Fidelity 401(k) after one year of service
- Medical, Vision, & Dental 100% Coverage for Employee
- Short-term disability
- Employee and dependent life insurance
- AD&D insurance
- Optional Accident, Hospital Indemnity, & Critical Illness Insurance
Reports to the accounting supervisor. Responsible for performing accounting and audit functions within the general accounting policies and procedures and summarizing data input for periodic operating statements and management information in compliance with Department of Labor (DOL) and Management & Training Corporation (MTC) directives.
- Assist in the preparation of data input for development of financial statements and management information reports, including monthly accounting journal entries, overhead application schedules, bank reconciliations, general ledger account analyses and monthly financial statement.
- Prepare and maintain cost data and related analyses relating to center operations.
- Monitor the output of the accounts payable and cashier functions, the preparation of cash forecasts, and the initiating of funds; serve as petty cash custodian.
- Maintain cash disbursements journal, general ledger and cost ledger by recording accounting transactions, preparing reconciliations and financial tabulations as assigned.
- As assigned, coordinate student pay.
- Collect revenues from concessions; make deposits.
- Maintain work-based learning & individual student bank accounts.
- Write checks, after proper approval and ensure appropriate staff have signed the checks.
- Audit and enter weekly time cards to process bi-weekly staff payroll.
- Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and other center customers.
- Participate in student employability programs and activities.
- Support, promote, and enforce the Job Corps’ Zero Tolerance Policy.
- Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
- Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED) and two years related experience. Experience working with youth, excellent written and verbal communication and computer proficiency also required. Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
MTC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity!!
Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.