Student Store Advisor
Location: Astoria, OR
Job ID: 49284
Facility: Job Corps
Description Wages: $17.00/hour
Schedule: Tuesday - Friday; 4:00 pm - 9:00 pm. Brief Job Description:
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Oversee operations of the student store including prepare and reconcile tills, prepare deposits, ensure store meets cleanliness standards and expectations.
- Select, train, and supervise student workers.
- Prepare weekly work schedules, prepare weekly student incentives, conduct weekly meetings with student leaders.
- Conduct monthly inventory of student store and vending machine merchandise.
- Prepare merchandise orders and weekly shopping lists, perform shopping duties as needed. Update pricing of merchandise.
- Receive, unload, and distribute merchandise and supplies.
- Assist with SGA activities.
- Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff, and other center customers.
- Support, promote, and enforce the Job Corps Zero Tolerance Policy.
- Participate in student employability programs and activities.
- Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
- Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices. Attend all required staff training.
One year related experience. Ability to bend and squat to restock vending machines and lift and carry bags of coin and merchandise weighing 30-40 lbs. up dormitory stairs. Experience with youth preferred. Excellent written and verbal communications skills, strong attention to detail, and computer proficiency. Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
This position is covered under the Service Contract Act (SCA). SCA employees are automatically enrolled in coverage utilizing the full Health & Welfare dollars. Health and Welfare dollars (also called fringe dollars) are contributed by MTC to help pay for your benefit coverage. Health and Welfare dollars are earned for every hour you are paid up to 40 hours per week. Premiums are covered through Health and Welfare dollars for medical, dental, vision, basic life insurance, basic AD&D, short-term disability, and 401k retirement account. Optional coverage is offered for dependents or spouse at the employee’s expense.
Newly hired SCA employees are eligible for up to one week of vacation at 180 days of employment and up to one additional week after one year of employment, and 56 hours of paid sick leave.
About Tongue Point:
Tongue Point Job Corps Center is operated by MTC for the U.S. Department of Labor. Located at the mouth of the Columbia River, the Center is one of the five largest employers in Clatsop County. Students apply for admission and work at their own pace, guided by academic and career training instructors who are committed to their success. Tongue Point offers students training in 12 vocations. We are the only Job Corps Center in the nation with a seamanship program; it is the Center's largest vocation.
Questions? Please call 503-338-4961.
For more information about Job Corps visit: http://jobcorps.gov
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. MTC values Diversity!