Location: Morganfield, KY
Job ID: 49285
Facility: Job Corps
NEW! $16.20 per hour minimum starting wage! Up to $1500 SIGN-ON BONUS!!
At the Earle C. Clements Job Corps Academy in Morganfield, Kentucky we provide at-risk students with the tools they need to be successful at no cost to them or their families.
Our team members enjoy:
- Competitive wages, affordable health, dental and prescription drug insurance
- Paid vacation, paid sick time, 11 paid holidays
- A chance to make a difference every day!
- Prepare and cook quantity of food required according to menu and number of students.
- Assist in instructing cook helpers and work-based learning students in the safe, hygienic method of preparing and serving appetizing, eye-appealing meals.
- Maintain kitchen equipment in orderly workable condition; ensure work area is safe, clean and sanitary at all times.
- Prepare foods as directed for special center functions, visitors and off-center assignments.
- Assist in cleaning kitchen work areas following each meal.
- Supervise students assigned to assist in the cafeteria.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards for a work environment.
- Responsible for stockroom commodities and for recommending replenishment items.
- Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and other center customers.
- Participate in student employability programs and activities.
- Support, promote, and enforce the Job Corps' Zero Tolerance Policy.
- Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
- Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.
- Cultivate and maintain a climate on center which is free of harassment, intimidation and disrespect to provide a safe place for staff and students to work and learn.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Food service training and one-year relevant experience preferred.
- Must obtain ServSafe certification within first 90 days of employment.
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record required.