Description $2000 SIGN ON BONUS!
Responsible for a variety of functions related to residential living including dormitory management, safety and security, administration and training in compliance with government and management directives.
1. Coordinate and control group living conditions, evaluate situations and conditions within the dormitories and make decisions or recommendations.
2. Perform administrative duties involving student passes, evaluations, progress reports, emergencies, and terminations.
3. Ensure social folders and dormitory records remain current, well organized and contain all required information.
4. Coordinate scheduled group meetings; ensure clear information is communicated to students in a timely manner; develop and direct/facilitate diversity and social skills discussion topics as required.
6. Perform duties to ensure safe and proper student behavior in dormitories.
7. Coordinate the selection, training, duties and evaluation of dorm officers and other dorm leadership positions.
8. Communicate with families of students by mail and telephone as required to resolve problems and assure the well-being of students.
9. Coordinate dorm recreation and entertainment activities and dorm competitions.
10. Ensure incidents of misconduct are reported promptly and accurately.
11. Inspect dorm, areas; ensure maintenance requests are completed as needed; direct dorm patrol and daily cleanup.
12. Requisition supplies to provide needs for dorm living and safety of students; account for dormitory property.
13. Maintain close contact with assigned counselors; share problems and events relevant to student adjustment and progress.
14. Enter student case notes in the center information system (CIS).
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent and one year’s experience working with youth. Excellent written and verbal communications skills and computer proficiency required. Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.