This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Littlefield, TX
Job ID: 49200
Reports to the Assistant Facility Administrator. Responsible for providing instruction to clients in accordance with approved curricula. Provide clients with basic direction in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Texas Civil Commitment Office (TCCO) directives.
Position title: Academic Instructor
Facility name: Texas Civil Commitment Center
Location: 2600 S. Sunset Ave. Littlefield, TX 79339
Pay: Starting at $22.00/hr
Work schedule: Full-time; 8-hour days
Benefit package includes:
- Health/dental/vision/life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays (9 total)
- Professional development assistance
- Opportunities for job advancement
- Deliver individualized competency based instruction through classroom and laboratory management in the occupational program areas taught to client.
- Develop performance objectives and criterion-referenced tests in accordance with established program content.
- Effectively manage classroom rosters by coordinating with the classification department, considering client requests, and utilizing test data.
- Plan and conduct classes in designated areas of instruction.
- Evaluate instruction methodology and modify to accomplish learning objectives.
- Evaluate student progress; provide remedial tutoring and counseling as needed.
- Coordinate, administer, and proctor the General Education Diploma (GED) exam.
- Review, select, and adapt instructional materials to help individuals reach mastery of the competencies required for entry, advancement and upgrading occupations.
- Plan activities to efficiently initiate budget requests to assure that all equipment, supplies and materials are available to support a progressive training schedule.
- Monitor motivation, discipline and learning difficulties to bring about positive changes in the behavior of clients.
- Evaluate and maintain records of the client’s progress toward completion of pre-established performance objectives.
- Execute all applicable forms to adhere to facility procedures.
- Maintain daily participation records as required for contractual reporting purposes.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed.
- Maintain accountability of client and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and valid teaching certificate in the state of Texas required. Valid driver’s license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Post Hire Requirements:
Upon hire applicant must successfully complete required pre-service and annual training requirements. Must successfully pass an annual background check.