Manager, Residential Living
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Morganfield, KY
Job ID: 49396
Facility: Job Corps
Up to $1000 SIGN-ON BONUS
At the Earle C. Clements Job Corps Academy in Morganfield, Kentucky we provide at-risk students with the tools they need to be successful at no cost to them or their families.
Our team members enjoy:
- Competitive wages
- Affordable health, dental and prescription drug insurance
- Paid vacation time, paid sick time, 11 paid holidays,
- A chance to make a difference every day!
- Plan, coordinate and manage the administrative and programmatic activities of the department.
- Provide staff training, evaluate staff performance and recommend and implement departmental changes as approved by the director of career success and coordinated with the director, human resources prior to implementation.
- Assist the director of career success in the preparation of the departmental budget; monitor and control
- Review and recommend changes to budget authorizations.
- Assist in the development and implementation of new and revised policies and procedures affecting residential living.
- Review and audit all assigned areas regularly for contractual compliance and effectiveness of delivery of services to students. Prepare related reports.
- Establish, implement and supervise control procedures to maximize student living standard; coordinate student participation.
- Implement and maintain collaborative communication with counseling services staff, other center staff, and outside community resources to facilitate student progress and performance.
- Schedule group sessions and ensure adherence to program requirements/record keeping.
- Manage student dorm government and coordinate student clothing trips.
- Develop and monitor shift schedules for 24-hour, 7 day/week dormitory coverage; control documentation and maintenance of records.
- Inspect dormitory areas regularly; ensure facility maintenance is done when needed.
- Provide support and guidance to staff in dealing with student behavior and resolving individual or group issues.
- Monitor and assist with the student accountability system as it relates to residential living, including daily attendance reported to the student records office.
- Conduct residential living activities which promote improved center performance statistics, particularly
- retention factors.
- Have a basic understanding of the MYPACE program and its role in a student's transition plan.
- Review individual student's MYPACE plan as needed to provide support/guidance as appropriate.
- Provide support as needed with goals/activities as identified on one of the four MYPACE Pathway Achievement Record (PAR).
- Maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards for a work environment.
- Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and other center customers.
- Participate in student employability programs and activities.
- Support, promote, and enforce the Job Corps' Zero Tolerance Policy.
- Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
- Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.
- Cultivate and maintain a climate on center which is free of harassment, intimidation and disrespect to provide a safe place for staff and students to work and learn.
- Post-secondary degree
- Two years experience working with youth, and two years supervisory experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer proficiency required.
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.