Student Personnel Officer
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Morganfield, KY
Job ID: 49404
Facility: Job Corps
UP TO $1000 SIGN-ON BONUS!!
Pay is $18 - $20 per hour
At the Earle C. Clements Job Corps Academy in Morganfield, Kentucky team members enjoy:
- Competitive wages
- Company paid insurance for the employee
- Paid vacation, paid sick time
- 12 paid holidays
- A chance to make a difference every day!
At Earle C Clements Job Corps Academy, our Student Personnel department is vital in development of our students lives as they go through the program and move into the working world. As a Student Personnel Officer, you will participate in the operations of the department that handle the discipline and behavioral adjustments within the students. You will assist with policies & procedures as well as determining and administering disciplinary action to students who have violated such policies and rules. Reports to the student personnel manager. Responsible for the operation of the student personnel functions which include the discipline and behavioral adjustment system and management of significant incidents, in compliance with government and management directives.
- Provide overall supervision for student personnel through effective planning, staff scheduling and student participation in establishment of rules.
- Assist in the development and implementation of new and revised policies and procedures affecting student discipline, and coordinate with other departments for compliance with overall center objectives.
- Review and audit all assigned areas regularly for contractual compliance and effectiveness of delivery of services to students. Prepare related reports.
- Determine and administer disciplinary action for students who have violated rules and regulations; counsel students when their behavior on or off center is not appropriate.
- Coordinate and monitor review board and peer court functions and actions.
- Coordinate student discipline with other center staff and maintain documentation of records and reports on activities.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards for a work environment.
- Conduct orientation and training on disciplinary system for staff and students; assist in the preparation and updating of disciplinary aspects of the student handbook.
- Coordinate preparation of significant incident reports for review by center director.
- Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and other center customers.
- Participate in student employability programs and activities.
- Support, promote, and enforce the Job Corps' Zero Tolerance Policy.
- Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
- Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.
- Cultivate and maintain a climate on center which is free of harassment, intimidation and disrespect to provide a safe place for staff and students to work and learn.
- It is expected that the incumbent will work overtime when directed to do so.
- Have a basic understating of the MYPACE program and its role in a student's transition plan.
- It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
- Bachelor's degree preferred and one-year related experience required.
- Directly related experience may be considered in lieu of formal education if approved by management.
- Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communications skills and computer proficiency required.
- Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record.