Responsible for providing planning, coordinating, developing and implementing a professional, personal and group counseling program for assigned inmates in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction (ODRC) directives.
1. Review detailed background file, conduct personal interview and test as necessary to analyze and recommend a program for each assigned inmate; refer inmates to other programs areas as appropriate.
2. Provide continuous educational, vocational, personal and social adjustment counseling on an individual and group basis; recommend necessary program modifications through the stay of each assigned inmate.
3. Conduct continuous interpretation and evaluation of progress in inmate’s specific development program; coordinate problem cases and point out areas in which guidance and development techniques can be improved.
4. Utilize new concepts and approaches; recommend and conduct training sessions and conferences to develop greater proficiency among staff in the area of guidance and social adjustment.
5. Assess the need for and recommend medical or psychiatric evaluation for emotional or psychological problems; evaluate results and take remedial action as needed.
6. Utilize and establish community linkage and resources as needed.
7. Assist in the evaluation of facility services for inmates and recommend modifications for improvement.
8. Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed.
9. Maintain accountability of inmates and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.