This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Raymondville, TX
Job ID: 49446
MTC is currently seeking candidates interested in a Maintenance Supervisor position. This position is responsible for the supervision of the maintenance department.
1. Plan and coordinate the administrative and maintenance services of the department.
2. Provide staff training, evaluate staff performance, recommend and implement department and personnel changes as approved by the warden and coordinated with the manager, human resources prior to implementation.
3. Assist the warden in the preparation of the departmental budget; monitor and control expenditures.
4. Assist in the development and implementation of new and revised policies and procedures affecting maintenance.
5. Conduct regular inspection of buildings, grounds and equipment to ensure proper repair, facility improvement and preventive maintenance in compliance with program requirements and safety/building codes.
6. Perform maintenance tasks on buildings, grounds and equipment as needed and maintain an effective work order system.
7. Requires long periods of walking and standing.
8. Required to climb ladders and stairs as needed for inspection of maintenance equipment and to ensure proper repair.
9. Requires regular attendance.
10. Required to drive company vehicles as part of regular duties.
11. Supervise and evaluate detainees assigned to the department.
12. Coordinate with other facility staff to determine maintenance needs.
13. Prepare and maintain appropriate management records such as equipment inventory and building systems descriptions.
14. Develop and ensure adherence to the facility preventive maintenance plans.
15. Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed. Provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
16. Maintain accountability of staff, detainees and property; adhere to safety practices.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent, and five (5) years’ experience in buildings, grounds and equipment maintenance, three (3) of which must be in a supervisory capacity required. Must successfully complete required pre service training. Valid driver’s license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
MTC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages minorities, females, disabled, and veterans to apply.