Location: Nampa, ID
Job ID: 49655
Facility: Job Corps
Description Pay: $17.50/hr
Our staff also enjoy these benefits:
- Health, dental, vision, prescription drug and life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Short and long-term disability
- Paid time off and paid holiday
- a chance to make a difference every day!
MTC is proud to operate the Centennial Job Corps Center in Nampa, Idaho where our staff provide quality services to our local youth. We value our professional and caring employees who are dedicated to improving people’s lives and we want YOU to join our team!What you will be doing: You'll be responsible for providing security coverage at campus access gate, performing patrol duties in assigned areas to ensure positive group relations and activities, to protect life and property.
Qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent and one year experience working with youth preferred. Security related experience is desired. Computer proficiency required. Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record.What is Job Corps?Job Corps is a federally funded comprehensive program that provides essential academic and career skills training to eligible students designed to prepare them for success in every aspect of their lives. Centennial Job Corps is located in Nampa, ID and is managed by Management & Training Corporation (MTC), a privately held company that successfully operates Job Corps, Corrections, Medical and Economic/Social Development contracts.Visit our websites to learn more about the program and MTC:Company: https://www.mtctrains.com/
- Follow company security procedures on all persons and vehicles entering and exiting the campus.
- Advise students and provide guidance for positive attitude and behavior in on center activities.
- Patrol and monitor center grounds and the surrounding vicinities as required ensuring safety and proper behavior of students; resolving potential or occurring problems.
- Protect and secure buildings, center vehicles and property by checking doors, windows, lights, electrical appliances, equipment, locks and emergency equipment; maintain log of findings and corrective action taken; control security vehicle assignments and use.
- Assist in emergency evacuation, control and accountability of students and staff; respond to fire alarms; take necessary steps to report fires; reset fire alarm equipment.
- Issue visitor badges and parking permits; issue staff and student keys and badges; maintain related records.
- Assist staff and law enforcement personnel in controlling disturbances; conduct investigation of crimes and unauthorized activities as assigned.
- Assume supervisory responsibility of all safety and security activities when assigned.
- Participate in student employability programs and activities.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process.