Registered Nurse (RN)
Location: Nampa, ID
Job ID: 49675
Facility: Job Corps
Pay: $30.61/hrOur staff also enjoy these benefits:
Sign on Bonus -$5000.00
- Health, dental, vision, prescription drug and life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Short and long-term disability
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- a chance to make a difference every day!
MTC is proud to operate the Centennial Job Corps Center in Nampa, Idaho where our staff provide quality services to our local youth. We value our professional and caring employees who are dedicated to improving people’s lives and we want YOU to join our team.Essential Duties:
What you will be doing: Aiding the medical providers and supervision of staff LPNs/LVNs. In collaboration with the Health and Wellness Director you will provide oversight of the wellness clinic. Responsible for assuring all medical clinical care is provided to students.
- Provide nursing care to students as authorized by the medical provider and within scope of practice for state-specific nurse practice act.
- Provide supervision to the staff LPNs/LVNs to assure compliance with all state regulations and scope of practice and nurse practice act for practical and/or vocational nurses.
- Provide basic healthcare to students as required by DOL including all entry requirements and immunizations.
- Monitor students with illness and unable to attend class.
- Provide input on staff nurses performance to the HWD for annual evaluations.
- Provide staff training for wellness staff as well as required trainings for new hires and all center staff as needed or in the absence of the HWD.
- Provide input on the development and assistance in the implementation of new and revised standard operating procedures (SOPs) for the wellness department.
- Conduct student health record audits and participate in the continuous quality improvement program to identify needed improvements and employ mechanisms to improve compliance and assure delivery of quality and effective services to students.
- Conduct coordinated health care for students and implementation of other health related programs. Assure chronic care management including medication management case conferences of all students with chronic illnesses.
- Assure that clinical services, including medication management are within health staff’ scope of practice and within federal, state, and local regulations and statutes.
- Assist the HWD to manage the record keeping and reporting of student injuries in the system provided by DOL.
- Provide direction and technical assistance to LPNs/LVNs in all required health related programs.
- As required, take after hour phone calls from non-health staff for student’s medical symptoms not covered under the symptomatic management guidelines (SMGs) or directed calls per the SMG.
- Assist in development of community linkages for health and disability resources.
- Participate in and/or conduct required DOL and MTC meetings as directed by HWD.
- Function as the medical co-disability coordinator for the center if designated by the HWD.
Qualifications: Active, unrestricted registered nurse license in the state of employment and two years related experience. Experience working with youth in a paid or unpaid capacity is preferred. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer proficiency required. Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2600.