Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Location: Nampa, ID
Job ID: 49676
Facility: Job Corps
Description Pay: $21.32/hr
Our staff also enjoy these benefits:
- Health, dental, vision, prescription drug and life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Short and long-term disability
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- a chance to make a difference every day!
MTC is proud to operate the Centennial Job Corps Center in Nampa, Idaho where our staff provide quality services to our local youth. We value our professional and caring employees who are dedicated to improving people’s lives and we want YOU to join our team!What you will be doing: Performing duties concerned with the care of the sick and injured, prevention of illness, and promotion of good health.
Qualifications: Valid licensed practical nurse license in the state of employment and one year practical nursing experience required. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer proficiency also required. Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.What is Job Corps?Job Corps is a federally funded comprehensive program that provides essential academic and career skills training to eligible students designed to prepare them for success in every aspect of their lives. Centennial Job Corps is located in Nampa, ID and is managed by Management & Training Corporation (MTC), a privately held company that successfully operates Job Corps, Corrections, Medical and Economic/Social Development contracts.Visit our websites to learn more about the program and MTC: https://www.mtctrains.com/
- Render first aid treatment and assist physician in treating serious accidents or illness.
- Treat minor injuries and illnesses according to doctor's instructions and maintain student health records
- Cleanse and dress wounds, operate emergency equipment and provide follow‑up nursing care as required.
- Prepare and administer specified medications and drugs and assist in developing programs to prevent or control diseases and accidents.
- Assist in the management and coordination of the pregnancy, weight control and smoking cessation programs.
- Direct students assigned to practicum/work experience in the center's health services facility.
- Monitor students restricted to the infirmary.
- Perform routine lab tests in accordance with approved standards.
- Triage, assess chief complaints, take vital signs, do appropriate charting and assist with chart review duties and with patient care.
- Assist physician or mid-level health care provider when needed.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2600.