Location: Nampa, ID
Job ID: 49679
Facility: Job Corps
Pay: $40,000 - $43,000 annually
Our staff enjoy these benefits:
- Health, dental, vision, prescription drug and life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Short and long-term disability
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- a chance to make a difference every day!
MTC is proud to operate the Centennial Job Corps Center in Nampa, Idaho where our staff provide quality services to our local youth. We value our professional and caring employees who are dedicated to improving people’s lives and we want YOU to join our team!
What you will be doing: Planning, coordinating, developing, and implementing a professional individual and group counseling program for assigned students.
- Review detailed background file, conduct personal interview and test as necessary to analyze and recommend a program for each assigned student.
- Initiate and maintain individual folder on each assigned student. Ensure information is updated on a timely basis including case note entries in CIS.
- Provide direct aid to students with personal needs, problems, sickness, injury, family problems, emergency leaves, and AWOL retrieval.
- Provide continuous educational, career training, personal and social adjustment counseling on an individual and group basis; recommend necessary program modifications throughout each assigned student's stay.
- Conduct continuous interpretation and evaluation of progress in student's specific career development program. Coordinate problem cases and point out areas in which guidance and development techniques can be improved; maintain documentation and records.
- Utilize new concepts and approaches; recommend and conduct training sessions and conferences to develop greater proficiency among staff in areas of guidance, social adjustment and social skills development.
- Recommend medical or psychiatric evaluation for emotional or psychological problems; evaluate results and take remedial action as warranted.
- Refer students to other program areas such as transfers, extension or advanced programs, college placement, etc.
- Chair the assessment/career development team; participate in other center programs such as career preparation, diversity, and pregnancy programs.
- Maintain contact with student's family; utilize community resources as needed.
- Assist in the evaluation of center services for students and recommend modifications for improvement.
- Facilitate Career Success Standards (CSS) group sessions for students and/or staff; provide guidance to residential advisors in student social skill development.
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree including 15 semester hours in social services related instruction and one year experience in counseling or related field required. Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communications skills and computer proficiency required. Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process.