Advanced Plumbing Instructor
Location: Edison, NJ
Job ID: 50021
Facility: Job Corps
- Provide students with career technical training instruction, direction and assistance in designated area of instruction.
- Motivate and counsel students in areas of behavior, training, personal problems or study habits; coordinate with other staff as necessary to resolve issues affecting student training.
- Develop and prepare lessons; recommend curricula changes and supplemental materials.
- Utilize workplace language and behavior expectations in the shop and classroom; on a routine basis, inquire if individual students need assistance.
- Review and audit all assigned areas regularly for contractual compliance and effectiveness of delivery of services to student. Prepare related reports.
- Participate on student evaluation panels; prepare required documentation and evaluations using CIS as well as other systems of documentation. Enter case notes into the CIS systems as required and in accordance with established timelines.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards for a work environment.
- Administer and correct tests; maintain Training Achievement Records (TARs) and attendance reports.
- Control use of equipment and supplies; make minor repairs; recommend purchases.
- Participate in providing hands-on activities for students as part of the career preparation program; provide feedback to the career preparation staff.
- Participate in activities associated with the intellectual and social development of students.
- In coordination with work-based learning (WBL) staff; develop work based training sites on center, in the community and at home-based sites; monitor and document student progress at work based training sites monthly.
- Work with community industry advisory council to review and recommend upgrades to CTT program.
- Monitor labor market information; develop career transition and job placement plans, and assist with placement of graduates, in conjunction with the career transition readiness specialist.
- Work cooperatively with each student’s counselor and career transition readiness specialist.
- Provide strong customer service for both dependent and independent learners leading to trade completion.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent and certification in area of instruction. Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer proficiency also required. Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record, unless waived by management.
Additional Special Requirements:
Advanced Plumbing, Sewer & Drain Instructor: Certified, licensed or accredited by the state or accredited by a professional trade organization. Three years related work experience.