Cognitive Intervention Specialist
Location: Henderson, TX
Job ID: 50061
Work with a purpose! Join a team with values that match your own and make a difference in the lives of people needing second chances.
Ready to begin a career in addiction treatment but not sure where to start? At East Texas Treatment Facility, we will provide you with the training and hours you need to become a certified substance abuse counselor. We will even pay for the certification exam!
Position title: Cognitive Intervention Specialist
Facility name: East Texas Treatment Facility
Location: 900 Industrial Drive, Henderson, TX 75652
Rate of pay: $15.00 per hour
Work schedule: Monday-Friday; 8:00A-5:00P
Benefit package includes:
- Health/dental/vision/life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays (9 total)
- Professional development assistance
- Career advancement opportunities are available
Job responsibilities: A cognitive intervention specialist is responsible for performing education work with the cognitive intervention program. Work involves planning, coordinating and implementing activities as well as coordinating with other departments to ensure the maximum utilization for resources available in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) directives.
- Provides didactic sessions according to designated curricula within the program.
- Presents cognitive intervention education and life skills classes to assist clients with basic education in these topics.
- Guides and assists clients in complying with facility rules and regulations.
- Supervises client offender work functions in accordance with program policies such as morning wake up routines according to established schedules.
- Notifies appropriate personnel of clients failing to comply with policies and procedures.
- Monitors client behavior and reports incidents, inappropriate or unusual behaviors to appropriate treatment team staff.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed; provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills and procedures and intervention techniques.
- Maintain accountability of staff, clients and property. Adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
- Graduation from an accredited senior high school or equivalent or GED.
- An associate’s degree in the field of psychology, sociology, counseling, social work, criminal justice, education, nursing or health is preferred.
- Related experience is preferred.
- A valid driver license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Post hire requirements:
- Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements and pass an annual background check, both of which must be approved by Texas Department of Criminal Justice.
- Must have a combined total of 124 hours training in correctional awareness, training for trainers and cognitive intervention programming.
Why: Help individuals break the cycle. Join our team and transform lives!