Assistant Commissary Manager
Location: Venus, TX
Job ID: 50140
Work with a purpose! Sanders Estes Unit located in Venus, Texas is now hiring career-minded people to assist with securing the safety of our community while positively impacting the lives of those on the inside.
Job title: Assistant Commissary Manager
Facility name: Sanders Estes Unit
Location: 1100 FM 1807, Venus, TX 76084
Pay: $16.21 per hour
Work schedule: Full-time; M-F, 8 hour days
Benefit package includes:
- Health/dental/vision/life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off (PTO)
- 9 paid holidays
- Career advancement assistance
- Opportunities for job advancement
Job responsibilities: The assistant commissary manager is responsible for performing advanced stock and inventory work in a unit commissary in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) directives.
- Coordinate the display, rotation and sales of merchandise to offenders.
- Safeguard and maintain adequate supply of merchandise.
- Maintain merchandise in a saleable condition and monitor the cleanliness and appearance of the facility commissary.
- Assist in preparing the monthly inventory and submit inventory reports to accounting.
- Verify the accuracy of shipments received from distribution centers and authorized outside vendors.
- Assist with supervision of support service offenders assigned to the commissary.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed; provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
- Maintain accountability of staff, offenders and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
- High school diploma or equivalent or GED required.
- Two (2) years full-time, wage-earning commissary, retail sales, or inventory management experience -OR- one (1) year full-time wage-earning commissary, retail sales, or inventory management experience and one (1) year full-time, wage-earning correctional custody or law enforcement experience required. Valid driver’s license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waive by management.
Why: Make a real difference every day by helping to change lives.