Maintenance Supervisor - Plumber
Location: Henderson, TX
Job ID: 50218
At the Bradshaw State Jail, operated by Management & Training Corporation, we provide a safe and secure working environment for our staff while helping offenders gain valuable skills necessary for success upon release. Our team members enjoy competitive wages, affordable health, dental, and prescription drug insurance, education and tuition assistance, paid time off, 9 paid holidays, flexible schedules, 401(k) with company match, and a chance to make a difference every day! Hiring immediately!
Reports to the maintenance supervisor. Responsible for the duties involving general maintenance and repairs on equipment and buildings, assisting with technical trades such as plumbing and general maintenance functions in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) directives.
- Perform maintenance and repair of structures, plumbing and drainage systems. Recommend contracted assistance when on-site repair is not possible.
- Perform repair or replacement of plumbing fixtures, washers, seals, etc.
- Assist with the repair or replacement faulty or damaged light fixtures, outlets and fuses as directed.
- Perform minor construction and repair of structural woodwork.
- Install window shades or coverings, security locks, etc.
- Help prepare surfaces for finishing, i.e., painting, as directed.
- Direct offenders assigned to facility maintenance.
- Perform preventive maintenance checks of buildings and equipment as prescribed by manufacturer.
- Perform on-call support in emergency situations when equipment malfunctions.
- Provide cleaning, transportation, moving of equipment as needed.
- Perform counts of all control items assigned to include, tool cart or tool bag, and any other control items including class A tools and equipment, by providing counts at the beginning and end of each shift.
- Ability to perform the physical function of the position which may include, but is not limited to; ability to walk property, climb stairs, climb ladders, use power tools and/or hand tools, lift, squat, bend, sit, or kneel for long periods of time.
- Follow all safety regulations to include the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for self as well as offenders assigned to the maintenance department.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed; provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
- Maintain accountability of staff, offenders and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Graduation from an accredited senior high school or equivalent or GED. Three (3) years full-time, wage-earning experience in plumbing or pipefitting. Experience in the supervision of offenders preferred. Valid driver’s license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Post Hire Requirements:
Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements and pass an annual background check, both of which must be approved by TDCJ.