Location: Brooklyn, NY
Job ID: 50277
Facility: Job Corps
Schedule - Monday - Friday
7:00am - 4:00pm
Salary - $18.13 hourly
Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent and two years experience required. Valid food handler’s permit if required by the state of employment. Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record, unless waived by management.
- Forecast quantity of food to be prepared according to menu and the number of students.
- Maintain cost control and stay within budget preparations.
- Instruct and supervise cooks, and teach student assistants in the safe, hygienic method of preparing appetizing meals.
- Minimize waste through efficient food storage, inventory food utilization and portion control.
- Assist in preparation of daily schedule; assign specific duties to staff and students, monitor and report work performance.
- Coordinate the activities of the cooks in the preparation, serving, and clean up of stations; take charge of all food service functions on assigned shift.
- Responsible for storeroom inventory and for requisitioning merchandise from the receiving department, emphasizing use of government commodities.
- Direct and assist in preparing food for special center functions, visitors, and off-center functions.
- Maintain kitchen equipment and keep in clean, workable, condition; keep work area safe, clean and sanitary.
- Conduct inspections of food service areas.
- Assist in the planning of menu; provide nutritious, proportioned meals.
- Supervise students assigned to assist in the cafeteria
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process.