Licensed Addiction Counselor
Location: Edinburgh, IN
Job ID: 50304
Facility: Job Corps
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 2 weeks paid vacation, paid sick time, 11 paid holidays,
- Short Term & Long Term Disability,
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) Retirement Account
What is Job Corps?
Job Corps is a federally-funded comprehensive program that provides essential academic and career skills training to eligible students designed to prepare them for success in every aspect of their lives. Atterbury Job Corps is located in Edinburgh, IN and is managed by Management & Training Corporation (MTC), a privately held company that successfully operates Job Corps, Corrections, Medical and Economic/Social Development contracts.
Visit our websites to learn more about the program and MTC:
Why Work For Us?Position Summary:
Are you ready to be a part of something big and have a chance to make a difference in students' lives every day? At the Atterbury Job Corps Center in Edinburgh, Indiana we provide at-risk students with the tools they need to be successful at no cost to them or their families.
Reports to the wellness manager. Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of an effective trainee employee assistance program (TEAP) with emphasis placed on awareness, prevention, staff training and networking with community resources, in compliance with government and management directives.Essential Functions:
- Assist in developing procedures to coordinate and integrate TEAP components with other center programs, policies and zero tolerance.
- Participate in career preparation period; communicate zero tolerance polices related to substance abuse; provide information on prevention activities on and off center.
- Work with new students for testing, assessment and development of assistance and retention plans during the 45 day probation period; provide an assessment and assistance/intervention plan for any student who tests positive for drugs and receives and alcohol incident.
- Conduct TEAP classes, group educational, peer support and other prevention sessions for students.
- Review and audit all assigned areas regularly for contractual compliance and effectiveness of delivery of services to student. Prepare related reports.
- Assess students with identified substance use problems; develop and implement a plan to modify or control the problems by working with students, counselors, instructors and the mental health consultant.
- Provide input to the counseling, health and wellness and human resources departments for necessary referral of students with TEAP problems; utilize community resources as available.
- Work with mental health consultants, health and wellness staff and counselors to intervene with substance users who meet the treatment criteria to remain in Job Corps.
- Collect, review, and interpret drug test results.
- Ensure the documentation of all student assessments and that plans are in student's medical records regarding TEAP problems.
- Provide ongoing comprehensive training for all staff members with specific goals towards staff education and awareness, staff skills in identification and reporting substance use problems, individual staff member counseling skills and general team building throughout the center.
- Assist in providing TEAP related materials and information in the health education program and development of health and wellness symptom guidelines and standard operating procedures regarding substance abuse.
- Coordinate tobacco use prevention programs (TUPP).
- Develop linkage with community resources for TEAP services.
- Collaborate with relevant staff to plan, coordinate, and implement three center-wide TEAP events each year.
- Licensed Addiction Counselor (LAC) or Licensed Clinical Addiction Counselor (LCAC) in Indiana required.
- Experience working with youth, excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer proficiency also required.
- Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record, unless waived by management.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process.