Food Service Production Supervisor
Location: Henderson, TX
Job ID: 50351
Join a team with values that match your own and make a difference in your community!
Management & Training Corporation is seeking a Food Service Production Supervisor to join our team of correctional professionals. You will work as a member of a close-knit team that provides second chances by helping to maintain the well-being of those on the inside.
Position title: Production Supervisor (Food Service Manager II)
Facility name: East Texas Treatment Facility
Location: 900 Industrial Drive, Henderson, TX 75652
Pay: $18.00 per hour
Work schedule: Full-time; as required
Benefit package includes:
- Health/dental/vision/life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays (9 total)
- Professional development assistance
- Opportunities for career advancement
Job responsibilities: A production supervisor directly supervises offenders assigned to the food service department. Responsible for maintaining a clean, safe and sanitary kitchen area, to include food preparation areas, tools and equipment, and assisting in the service and preparation of facility meals based on pre-planned menus, in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) directives.
- Oversee the cleaning and sanitizing of all food preparation equipment and ensure that it is kept in safe and operable condition.
- Submit work orders and purchase requests as needed to ensure safe functioning equipment is available at all times.
- Maintain kitchen equipment in orderly workable condition and ensure work area is safe, clean and sanitary at all times.
- Ensure the count and control of all kitchen tools. Provide an accurate count of all control items at the beginning and end of each shift.
- Supervise offenders in the preparation of meals required.
- Direct and supervise offenders in the cleaning of the kitchen and dining area; mop, scrub, refinish and spot clean kitchen floors.
- Ensure that counts are performed accurately for all offenders assigned to the kitchen.
- Perform security functions including “pat” and “strip” searches, by squatting and bending to perform such functions.
- Assist the assistant food services manager in maintaining inventory of food items, supplies and equipment.
- Ensure needed items are pulled and ready for the next meal preparation.
- Monitor food production to ensure quantity and quality expectations are met.
- It is expected that the incumbent will work overtime when directed to do so.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed; provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
- Maintain accountability of staff, offenders and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and experience requirements:
- Graduation from an accredited senior high school or equivalent or GED.
- One year full-time, wage-earning experience in correctional, commercial, or institutional food preparation or food service management experience
- Eighteen months of correctional custody or law enforcement experience required
- A valid driver license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Post-hire requirements: Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements to include physical agility testing and pass an annual background check, which must be approved by TDCJ.
Why: Work with a purpose. Make a real difference every day.
Fast food, school cafeteria