Location: Nampa, ID
Job ID: 50387
Facility: Job Corps
Description Pay: $22.75/hr
Our staff also enjoy these benefits:
- Health, dental, vision, prescription drug and life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Short and long-term disability
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- a chance to make a difference every day!
MTC is proud to operate the Centennial Job Corps Center in Nampa, Idaho where our staff provide quality services to our local youth. We value our professional and caring employees who are dedicated to improving people’s lives and we want YOU to join our team!
What you will be doing: Responsible for general maintenance and repairs on equipment and buildings, assisting with technical trades such as plumbing, electrical, painting, carpentry, heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems.
Qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent and three years related craft experience at the journey worker level. HVAC certification required. Must be able to lift up to 50lbs. Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.What is Job Corps?Job Corps is a federally funded comprehensive program that provides essential academic and career skills training to eligible students designed to prepare them for success in every aspect of their lives. Centennial Job Corps is located in Nampa, ID and is managed by Management & Training Corporation (MTC), a privately held company that successfully operates Job Corps, Corrections, Medical and Economic/Social Development contracts.Visit our website to learn more about the program and MTC: https://www.mtctrains.com/
- Perform maintenance and repair of structures, electrical systems, heating, plumbing, ventilating, air conditioning and drainage systems; recommend contracted assistance when on-center repair is not possible.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance checks of buildings and equipment.
- Repair or replace faulty or damaged light fixtures, electrical outlets, thermostats, breakers and/or fuses.
- Repair washers and dryers as necessary; recommend contracted assistance when on center repair is not possible.
- Construct, remove or repair structural woodwork to adhere to building codes; replace damaged ceiling and floor tile.
- Maintain and preserve old or new surfaces by cleaning, scraping, sanding, caulking, filling, sealing and painting.
- Install window shades or coverings and security locks.
- Perform limited repair or replacement of plumbing, fixtures, washers and seals, as directed.
- Direct students assigned to center work support and work based learning.
- Perform scheduled checks of heating and air conditioning systems.
- Perform minor repairs to center vehicles.
- As assigned, serve in the acting maintenance supervisor capacity.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process.