This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Edinburgh, IN
Job ID: 50416
Facility: Job Corps
- $16.20 hourly
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 2 weeks paid vacation, paid sick time, 11 paid holidays,
- Short Term & Long Term Disability,
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) Retirement Account
What you will be doing
This is a non exempt position that reports to the residential living manager. They will be responsible for providing proper guidance to students to ensure positive group living relations and
achievement in the program in compliance with government and management directives.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and computer proficiency required.
- Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record, unless waived by management.
What is Job Corps?Job Corps is a federally-funded comprehensive program that provides essential academic and career skills training to eligible students designed to prepare them for success in every aspect of their lives. Atterbury Job Corps is located in Edinburgh, IN and is managed by Management & Training Corporation (MTC), a privately held company that successfully operates Job Corps, Corrections, Medical and Economic/Social Development contracts.Visit our websites to learn more about the program and MTC:Program: https://atterbury.jobcorps.gov/
- Provide guidance for students to achieve a positive attitude and proper behavior in dormitory living situation and to accomplish their goals and objectives.
- Determine, recommend, and arrange student visits to counselors.
- Direct dorm activities as designated.
- Patrol and monitor dormitories and center as required ensuring safety and proper behavior of students resolving potential or occurring problems.
- De-escalate potential verbal or physical student altercations.
- Perform administrative searches of student areas as instructed.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process.