Admissions Counselor - $1000 Sign-on Bonus
Location: Fairmont, WV
Job ID: 50417
Facility: Job Corps
$1000 Sign-on Bonus - $500 after 90 days and $500 after 180 days!
What you will be doing
This is a non-exempt position that will reports to the outreach & admissions and career transition services (OA/CTS) director. Responsible for conducting direct recruitment activities, and interfacing with other outreach contractors in compliance with government and management directives.
- Bachelor's degree in human services, psychology, counseling, education, social science, business, communications, or closely related field; or associate’s degree and two years related experience required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer proficiency also required.
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record required.
What is Job Corps?Job Corps is a federally-funded comprehensive program that provides essential academic and career skills training to eligible students designed to prepare them for success in every aspect of their lives. Charleston Job Corps is located in Charleston, WV and is managed by Management & Training Corporation (MTC), a privately held company that successfully operates Job Corps, Corrections, Medical and Economic/Social Development contracts.Visit our websites to learn more about the program and MTC:Program: https://charleston.jobcorps.gov/Company: https://www.mtctrains.com/
- Conduct direct recruitment activities, including public speaking; develop linkages with referral sources such as human services agencies, recreation centers, youth organizations and churches; participate in center tours; contact potential enrollees to explore enrollment.
- Interview interested candidates and obtain required information on each one; ensure all documents required to support eligibility are obtained, properly completed and included in the applicant's folder.
- Arrange for reception of candidates upon acceptance to the program.
- Follow‑up on student progress, e.g., length of stay and separation.
- Prepare, schedule and provide outreach presentations in the assigned area; provide outreach presentations in support of the regional outreach efforts.
- Maintain accountability logs of organizations contacted, individuals contacted, referrals to screening agencies and subsequent enrollments.
- Coordinate and maintain communications with centers pertaining to center input needs.
- Meet or exceed student admissions goals each month.
- Refer youth to designated screening or other support agencies, as appropriate.
- Prepare necessary and required reports related to the recruitment effort.
- Assist with placement activities.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process.