Location: Quincy, FL
Job ID: 50436
Description Pay rate: $21.67
Reports to the Deputy Warden of Programs. Responsible for maintaining a collection of books, serial
publications, documents, audiovisual, and other materials, and assists inmates in locating and obtaining
materials in compliance with American Correctional Association (ACA) standards, Management &
Training Corporation (MTC), Florida Department of Corrections (FDOC) and Florida Department of
Management Services (DMS) directives.Essential Functions:
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Plan and direct library program for inmates.
- Develop library policies and programs and prepares operational budgets.
- Maintain, organize and supervise the circulation of library materials.
- Select, acquire, and organize library materials for convenient access.
- Review requests, and select books and other library materials according to mental state, educational background, and special needs of inmates.
- Conduct library inventories on a regular basis.
- Supervise the preparation of reports and records on circulation, inventory, newspapers and magazines.
- Prepare reports as required for contractual compliance.
- Ensure inmate law library is in compliance with state of Florida statutes, administrative code and FDOC policies and procedures.
- Coordinate library orientation for class participants, in conjunction with instructors.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed. Provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
- Maintain accountability of inmates and property; adhere to safety practices.
Bachelor's degree, State Board for Educator (SBEC) Teacher Certificate and a Provisional or
Professional Librarian Certificate, Provisional Learning Resources Endorsement, or Professional
Learning Resources Specialist Certificate required. Must be eligible to become a Notary. Valid driver's license in the state of Florida with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.