Security Officer Substitute
Location: Edinburgh, IN
Job ID: 50464
Facility: Job Corps
- $16.20 hourly
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 2 weeks paid vacation, paid sick time, 11 paid holidays,
- Short Term Disability,
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) Retirement Account
What you will be doing
This is a non-exempt position that reports to the security supervisor. You will be responsible for performing guard and patrol duties in assigned areas to protect life and property against theft, misappropriation, fire, flood or similar disaster in compliance with government and management directives.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- One year of security-related work experience or completion of a security training program preferred.
- Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and computer proficiency preferred.
- Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record, unless waived by management.
Responsible for providing security coverage at the company access gate.
Watch for irregular or unusual conditions that may create security concerns or safety hazards.
Perform office duties such as answering calls, emails, and having appropriate documents and forms filled out accurately.
Perform security patrols of designated areas.
What is Job Corps?
Job Corps is a federally-funded comprehensive program that provides essential academic and career skills training to eligible students designed to prepare them for success in every aspect of their lives. Atterbury Job Corps is located in Edinburgh, IN and is managed by Management & Training Corporation (MTC), a privately held company that successfully operates Job Corps, Corrections, Medical and Economic/Social Development contracts.
Visit our websites to learn more about the program and MTC:
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process.