Security Officer - Transportation
Location: Post, TX
Job ID: 50472
Pay: $20.47 per hour and a $1,000 sign-on bonus
Location: Post, TX
Work with a purpose! Begin a career as a security officer and work towards becoming a law enforcement professional.
Benefit package includes:
- Health, dental, vision, prescription drug, and life insurance
- Short and long-term disability
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Paid jailer certification training
- Career advancement opportunities
Reports to the transportation coordinator/intake sergeant. Responsible for the custody and discipline of inmates assigned to be transported in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Harris County Sheriff’s Office directives.
- Search for contraband and provide security.
- Count, feed and supervise inmate in housing, work and other areas, which includes climbing stairs.
- Provide custody and security of inmate including observation of inmates, which includes long periods of sitting and standing.
- Creates and maintains a cellblock atmosphere conducive to respect of others.
- Maintains appropriate boundaries with inmates.
- Perform security functions; person, property and facility searches. Including “pat” and “strip” searches, which includes squatting and bending.
- Transfer and transport inmates by walking, riding or driving in vehicles. Restrain and secure assaultive inmates, as needed.
- Respond to emergencies including climbing stairs, steps, and ladders while searching for escaped inmates, hearing calls for and calling for help, giving first aid at the emergency site, carrying an injured or unconscious inmate or employee various distances to safety up or down stairs, steps and ladders; and use force. Must be trained in the use of deadly force to include the use of chemical agents and firearms to control inmates if assigned to an armed post.
- Read, review and properly apply information found in inmate records, which is related to the inmate’s health and safety and to the security of the facility. Provide appropriate information to other personnel while maintaining appropriate confidentiality.
- May be assigned to work a post if not needed for transportation.
- Properly prepare and maintain records, forms and reports, as appropriate.
- Perform specific duties if assigned to the following areas: commissary, property transportation, recreation, escort/roving, mailroom, laundry, visiting room, booking, mobile patrol, main control, housing, security housing unit and intake.
- Perform specific duties to post or area assigned
- Perform 2-way voice communication and face to face observation with all inmates.
- If assigned to the food services area, assist in instructing inmates assigned to food service in the safe, hygienic method of preparing and serving appetizing, eye-appealing meals.
- Regular and reliable onsite attendance is required.
- It is expected that the incumbent will work overtime when directed to do so.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed.
- Maintain accountability of staff, inmates and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:High school diploma or equivalent. Must possess a Jailer Certificate as determined by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE). Must pass both a physical and psychological assessment as determined by TCOLE. Must be at least 18 years of age. Required to have and maintain a CDL in good standing with air break and passenger endorsement; meaning it is active, not expired, suspended, revoked, surrendered, conditioned, or otherwise in a status that in any manner restricts the activity of a licensee or registrant under the authority of the license. Prior corrections experience is preferred.
Why: Make a positive impact in your community by doing meaningful work that results in a rewarding career.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process.