Leadership/Evening Studies Coordinator
Location: St. Louis, MO
Job ID: 50487
Facility: Job Corps
Salary - $22.82 hourly
Reports to the programs director. Responsible for monitoring Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE) outcomes for those students identified as needing additional support in the academic areas of study and the student government association. Responsible for facilitating tutoring for all students in a variety of subject area, and responsible for supervision of student government in compliance with government and management directives.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree and one year related experience. Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer proficiency also required. Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record, unless waived by management.
- Reviews active reports along with management to determine the need for additional support in the academic areas.
- Prepares lesson plans and structured activities for tutoring and evening study activities.
- Ensures that all materials needed for the evening study program are ordered and available for student use.
- Makes recommendations for new and innovative programming that will enhance the evening study program.
- Maintains correspondence with academic and career and technical training instructors as to the progress of students in the evening study program.
- Issue assignments in a variety of academic disciplines to ensure proficiency in every area.
- Prepares interactive lessons and activities to encourage group thinking and problem solving.
- Prepares and provides homework and assignments for all students who attend tutoring or evening study programs.
- Ensure interaction with career and technical instructors to infuse the implied academic theory.
- Supervise Student Government Association (SGA), which includes maintaining communication with administration; scheduling and supervising meetings and guiding development of skills in student government.
- Supervise student union snack bar operators and overall operation of student union snack bar.
- Ensure student union snack bar meets all state and local health regulations and safety requirements.
- Coordinate all SGA functions, including administration of the student welfare fund, prepare and distribute meeting minutes.
- Chaperone student government functions.
- Coordinate voting activities.
- Ensure all pertinent student records and data are kept in detail, are accurate and up-to-date.
- Conduct group sessions in accordance with the schedule. As assigned, participate in and conduct orientation activities and student leadership training.
- Conduct training for all newly elected officers.
- Conduct advanced leadership training.
- Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and other center customers.
- Participate in student employability programs and activities.
- Support, promote, and enforce the Job Corps’ Zero Tolerance Policy.
- Cultivate and maintain a climate on center which is free of harassment, intimidation and disrespect to provide a safe place for staff and students to work and learn.
- Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
- Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process.