Location: St. Louis, MO
Job ID: 50501
Facility: Job Corps
Description Salary - $22.93 hourlySchedule - Monday - Friday; 8:00am to 5:00pm
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's degree in human services, psychology, counseling, education, social science, business, communications, or closely related field; or Associate’s degree and two years related experience required. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer proficiency also required. Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record required.Description & Qualifications:
The candidate will develop viable job leads for each trade that meet the quality placement criteria set by the DOL, meet with employers, establish linkages for the students, develop mini on-site job fairs for the various career pathways, conduct research on growing employment trends. The ideal candidate for this position is someone who has excellent communication skills, highly organized, highly proficient in Excel, and loves collaborating with students and business entities, and someone who must maintain a professional appearance at all times as this candidate will spend a vast majority of their work schedule out in the field.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
- Conduct innovative outreach activities with public service agencies, community organizations, schools and individuals who might refer eligible candidates to the Job Corps program.
- Interview interested candidates and obtained pertinent information on each one.
- Prepare documentation on potential students and review with the center as applicable or necessary.
- Maintain monthly goals established by the PRH and management.
- Review and audit all assigned area regularly for contractual compliance and effectiveness of delivery of services to students. Prepare related reports.
- Arrange for and assist in providing pre-employment orientation, schedule tours of the center.
- Prepare necessary and required reports related to the outreach.
- Assist in the development of new and revised policies and procedures affecting student recruitment.
- Create network with youth development agencies, one-stop agencies, churches, and community organizations to provide a wide-base for recruiting of potential students.
- Introduce labor market information to help with the career transition period process and analyze career paths in local labor market.
- Participate in student employability programs and activities.
- Support, promote, and enforce the Job Corps’ Zero Tolerance Policy.
- Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors through interventions.
- Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process.